We are currently looking for representation in the following regions:
- Rocky Mountain
Please email resume and cover letter to:
The Compliance Manager assists by completing audits related to the company’s Quality Management System, Certified Testing Laboratory and Certification Body Audits (i.e. UL and CSA inspections); ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls; recommending improvements in internal control structure; guiding the work of auditors; trains other internal auditors. To perform this job successfully; an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain the Quality Manual as needed.
- Accomplishes compliance work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling and guiding audits and external/internal auditors and performs internal audits based on a schedule that is established in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Become proficient in the areas of document control and other key aspects of an ISO 9001 Quality Management System. Provide training to personnel and communicate all aspects of the system.
- Prepares for audit by researching materials; formulating a plan of action.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandums by documenting audit findings and reports. Leads the Corrective and Preventative Action process.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings and for regularly scheduled Management Review Meetings.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements and schedules.
- Provides management reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing management information.
- Assists by preparing management for any upcoming audits.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Designs and implements programs, policies and practices to ensure that all departments are in compliance with SSI’s Quality Management System (to ISO 9001, latest edition).
- Create, evaluate and process Corrective and Preventative Action requests.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed for the benefit of the company at the discretion of the President or designated employee.
- Champion and maintain all Quality Management System functions including UL and CSA audits and those from any other certification organizations.
- Record, process and respond to any Corrective Actions and Suggestions for Improvement that result from the UL DAP Audits in the timeframe required by the audits.
- Generate Certificates of Compliance upon request by the customer.
- Analyze, examine trends and maintain reports related to manufacturing defects and assembly errors. These are reported and presented on an ongoing basis to management and the production staff. Seek out opportunities for improvement and training based on the findings.
- Assist the Engineering staff in improving assembly documentation and test procedures based upon observations and audits related to the production of the product.
- Research, report and respond to customer requests for information related to the status products with regard to conflict minerals and materials, RoHS compliance issues, and similar regulatory requirements. Complete the necessary forms, reports and Conflict Minerals Reporting Template to respond to such requests.
- Training/Certification Requirement: ISO 9001 Certified Auditor
Please email resume and cover letter to: